Becoming a museum volunteer is a great way to join a group of like-minded people who just can't get enough of New Mexico history.
The New Mexico History Museum offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities including:
- Serving as a docent on tours of the museum and major exhibitions.
- Assisting with care and management of museum collections.
- Helping out in specialty departments including the Palace of the Governors Photo Archives, the Fray Angélico Chávez History Library, and the Palace Press.
- Greeting visitors and guests at special events.
- Preparing educational programs and working with school groups.
- Helping out with administration and support services.
- Filming and photographing live events and working on AV, multimedia, and web projects.
Some volunteer assignments require special training which will be provided by the museum.
To find out more, please contact us via the museum’s volunteer application.