Becoming a museum volunteer is a great way to join a group of like-minded people who just can't get enough of New Mexico history.
The New Mexico History Museum offers a wide range of volunteer opportunities including:
- Serving as a docent on tours of the museum and major exhibitions.
- Assisting with care and management of museum collections.
- Helping out in specialty departments including the Palace of the Governors Photo Archives, the Fray Angélico Chávez History Library, and the Palace Press.
- Greeting visitors and guests at special events.
- Preparing educational programs and working with school groups.
- Helping out with administration and support services.
- Filming and photographing live events and working on AV, multimedia, and web projects.
Some volunteer assignments require special training which will be provided by the museum.
To become a volunteer please fill out an application here: https://www.volgistics.com/appform/412863172
To find out more, please contact our education department via NMHM.Education@state.nm.us